My family has been on a baked oatmeal kick for breakfast. I’m not a morning person and I can prep this the night before and bake the next morning while we are getting ready. I’m a huge fan of coffee cake so I incorporated some of those ingredients to make a yummy healthier on the go breakfast option.
Coffee Cake Baked Oatmeal (Gluten Free)
- 8×8 Baking Dish
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 cups cups of almond milk
- 1/4 or 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 1/2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp himalayan salt
Crumbly Cinnamon Topping
- 1/2- 1 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp gluten free 1:1 flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 tbsp melted butter or coconut oil
- 4 tbsp sliced in pats of butter (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray olive oil in your baking dish.
- In your stand mixer or mixing bowl, mash the banana and then add the milk, maple syrup and banana.
- Add oats, baking powder, pumpkin spice pie, and salt.
- Pour mixture in dish and then make cinnamon crumbly topping.
- Grind pecans in processor or crumble them into a bowl and then add other ingredients until its a sand like mixture.
- Pour the mixture on top of the oatmeal and add a few pats of butter or coconut oil on top.
- Sprinkle the topping over the oatmeal.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown and the oatmeal is firm. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
I prefer to use these rolled oats and always add butter on top because I’m as Southern as they come. You can double or triple this recipe and heat up for breakfast all week!
Happy baking, friends!
Leave a Reply