Some wonderful friends of ours make the most divine hummus and while mine falls short in comparison, I will never buy store bought again.
This is a recipe without Tahini and you can always add it, but in my house, we prefer it without it!
We love to snack on hummus with Gluten Free Crackers, Cucumbers, and Cut Sweet Peppers. It’s also delicious on wraps, on salads and MORE.
Everything But The Bagel Hummus
- 1 Ninja Professional Food Processor
- 2 Pyrex Bowls for Storage
- 2 Cans Garbanzo Beans
- 4-8 TBS Cold Water
- 4 TBS Olive Oil
- 1-2 TSP Ground Cumin
- 1 TSP Celtic Salt or 2TSP of any other salt
- 6 TBS Lemon Juice (fresh is BEST)
- 1-2 TBS Cavenders (no salt)
- 2 TBSP Everything But The Bagel Seasoning & 1 Tsp of Celtic Salt for Topping
- Add cold water, olive oil, cumin, salt, cavenders and lemon juice to a food processor. Puree until smooth.
- Simmer chickpeas on stovetop until tender.
- Add in the chickpeas to the processor. Puree for 3-4 minutes or on the "puree" mode. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, to ensure it is smooth. If the consistency seems too thick, add another tablespoon or two of water.
- Spinkle Celtic Salt and Everything Seasoning on top and then drizzle on some olive oil.
- Store in pyrex bowls for an easy "on the go" snack with some sliced sweet bell peppers.
Here are some links for the equipment we used:
Celtic Salt (The benefits of this salt are AMAZING).